Thread: Buddha
View Single Post
Old 24-06-2017, 12:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
These 'Spirit-Gods' of yours. Are those the object of your direct sense perception or the object of your direct introspective perception? If sense perception then your 'Spirit-Gods' should be the perceptible conventional reality of all individuals with healthy senses but they are not. If direct introspective perception then your 'Spirit-Gods' are mere mental constructs and do not exist even conventionally.

And your 'thought outside of you' is this the object of your direct sense perception or the object of your direct introspective perception? It must be the object of your direct sense perception because you assert it to be outside of you. Is your thought visible, audible, has it aroma, is it tangible, does it have taste?

Whatever your conclusions are based on they are not based on direct perceptions and thus they are not valid.
I'm not so sure that our direct perceptions are what we think they are either. I wonder, based on my experience, if they point to the power of the mind.
Short story: I had seen some amazing things within shamanic journeys but even more amazing to me was how they were validated in every detail afterwards.
Where did my direct experience of the validations come from?
Another more powerful example is that wanted to see with my eyes open what it seemed I could only see with them closed in regards to other beings who are not from here. I practiced visualizing what it would be like to see this. In short I saw something that looked like a dog twice and on the 3rd time my wife and I saw it at the same time. My validation this time was more than my eyes open but also a witness. Later I dreamed about it and it was validated again, this time as what is called a djinn.
Then some time later I began to doubt and I attributed it all to the creative power of the mind. I'm still not sure what happened though

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness