Thread: Practice
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 04:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondance
Ah, but many (most) people sleepwalk through their lives without the felt-sense that ‘there is only a visceral existence now’. When this becomes obvious and its ramifications are felt, there can be a sense of relief and release. But long standing habits of mind are ever-ready to cloud over this recognition.

Yep pretty much.

Quote:
Practice can be the splash of cold water to the face in the morning. A refresher and reorientation in the face of so much static. In this sense it is both primary and secondary. It is secondary in that it serves as a wake up call in the face of habitual tendencies. It is primary in that its very activity can be realised as not other than the activity of Source. From here, there’s no need for practice. Life itself is the practice (or non-practice.)

Yes as practice, at least as I understand it, pertains 'to as it is' rather than 'as you want it be'. The crux of this, as I see it, is there is already awareness of 'this', but attention is diffused.

Quote:
I also note your caution and would go further. In many traditions and religions, practice has moved away from its vital, urgent, existential expression to become nothing more than ritual and custom - in which it actually serves to support the very delusion which it was designed to cut through.

Yes, religion is a symbolic structure, like a nation - mere iconography and ritual/cultural practices used to affirm identity both socially and individually.