Thread: Practice
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 02:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Like a ghost, it things it is alive and conscious, but one day after several days meditation, it separated from myself, and I could watch it in the minds eye like it was my ghost. It's a faker in pretence that it is me, and my actual noticing and observation of it caused it to panic, because all it lives on is the psychological energy of mental reactivity - that's what it is make of and sustained by, and in this watching of it it revealed how it operates to distract me so it can assume the position 'me' while I remain unaware. That's the egoic function as reaction is distraction, and this false sense of self we call the ego can't continue as 'me' without all that psychological reactivity.
Exactly Gem.

Who I am in this physical world, in this existence, is just a ghost. It thinks it is 'alive' and it is 'interacting with people' but the total non-interaction and non-acknowledgment it receives in return, only goes to prove that it isn't.

This only goes to confirm what it knows but cannot admit to itself - that it's just a ghost...and many people don't believe in ghosts...therefore, it does not really exist.

*goes and takes out all my existential angst on a game of Sims Medieval...

Although I found another game in an Op Shop a few days ago..."Gods Vs Humans" by Microids...I read the back of it:

"Humans are building a tower to reach the kingdom of God. Embody the Divinity to foil their attempts, but be careful not to kill them with your Special Powers, because your very survival depends on their devotion."

I saw that game and went 'yup...sounds right up my alley'.

Now to decide which 'God' I want to be...I can choose from Norse, Greek, Japanese or Egyptian...wha? no Hindu? grrr...meh, I'll just be Thoth then. :p*