View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 02:12 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasinglight
I'm a Christian but I don't buy into some of the stories in the bible.. I don't know, does this make me a bad christian? I think you have to be a little brainwashed to believe stories such as Jonah and the whale and Noahs ark.Just my opinion. It's kind of turning me off Christianity altogether, although I agree with the moral teachings of the bible. And i do believe in Jesus. Maybe i have to just strike a balance with christianity. Anyone out there in the same boat?
Jesus believed the stories about Jonah and Noah's ark.

But he answered them, “An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign, but no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. For just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."
Matthew 12:38,40 ESV

Just as it was in the days of Noah, so will it be in the days of the Son of Man. They were eating and drinking and marrying and being given in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.
Luke 17:26,27 ESV