View Single Post
Old 25-08-2019, 07:24 PM
Strangerthanfiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Or we could stop thinking about the law of karma in terms of rewards and punishments. Instead we can consider karma in terms of restoring balance. And at the moment humanity is very out of balance, which makes me wonder what might need to happen to restore balance to this planet.

It is not the personality that chooses to incarnate. So our personal beliefs are irrelevant. I suspect that it is a Soul decision - consciousness has its own purpose.

Peace

Restoring balance to me is just restoring balance and has nothing to do with the concept of karma. Restoring balance is a choice that one make. Either restoring balance in one's own life or trying to restore balance on the planet. If you mean karma in the sense that a murderer will take the role of the victim in the next life and the victim will play the part of the murderer like Robert Schwartz think then i disagree because if that's how it works then it means that it is okay to murder someone and to me murdering people is never an okay thing. About personality, I don't know actually. Spirits has personalities aswell as those who never incarnated. So when someone is gonna incarnate do we leave the personality in the spirit world and then we get a new personality by the brain when we incarnate? Or do we incarnate with our spiritual personality and then our spiritual personality is altered by culture, society, family, friends, social media and school? Or do we incarnate with our spiritual personality and then also get a personality by the brain which may overtake the spiritual personality so that the spiritual personality become dormant? Or is the brain's personality smaller if we have one? As we take our personality with us the question is how much do we take with us?. Some people who has been mean regret it when they die. Often people are mean in life because of things that happened. But for example some are born with a psychopathic personality so do these people take their personality with them? Psychopathic personality can be genetic sometimes so it comes from or atleast can come from the brain so therefore if we take the personality from our brains with us then logically they do too. We know some spirits are called 'evil spirits' because they dwell in hellish locations and do evil stuff. Were many of these psychopaths in life? Also if we take the personality from our brain with us then how long do we keep that personality? Every spirit in an astral hell can get out of it and change for the better so this means if personality can come from the brain then atleast some personality from the brain won't last forever. Atleast not if we choose to leave some parts of our brain's personalities behind us. There are many disorders that can be genetic so the brain can have a personality. But what if it actually doesn't? What if what i just said was wrong? If personality comes from the brain then we shouldn't really be able to take it with us because it belongs to the brain but we know spirits can retain all their personality and we know those who has NDEs recognise their family members personalities. I'm sorry for writing all this and you don't need to respond to these questions. Its just that i get carried away in my philosophy when people say things.

Maybe i misunderstood what you mean and maybe you never meant that we don't incarnate with the personality but that its only that the personality doesn't choose if the spirit is gonna incarnate? Personally i think we are in full control over the decision to incarnate and i would never let anyone decide over me. Sorry if i misunderstand things by the way. My brain has been thinking alot lately and my eyes are red and i feel like the blue light from the computer is making me confused.