View Single Post
Old 31-08-2017, 01:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee2122
ive been suffereing with anxiety/ptsd for about 6 years now

ive mostly blocked it out

but i read a louise hay book and she said the only way to cure it is to feel it and accept it and let it pass

ive been doing this for a week or so and its not easy,i feel quite tense and spiky and it was much easier repressing it

apparantly the theory is feel it, accept it, dont fear it or flinch from it and let it pass though you and in 3/4 weeks itll be gone

im hoping this will work for me but im not 100 % certain

what do you think guys? am i on the right path

thanks

Hello lee2122 and welcome to the forum. I've dealt with anxiety for many years, sometimes more severe than other times, but always General Anxiety Disorder. I read the book below that was recommended to me and as I read and worked through the exercises in the book, it helped a lot. Since reading the book I try to draw from things learned from those exercises. It's kinda like meditation; the more one does it, the more benefit one gets from it. The key is to practice 'feeling' then 'letting go' of what crowds and annoys the mind. I wouldn't say I'm anxiety free - far from it, but every little bit helps so I hope the book called "The Mindful Way Through Anxiety" helps you. Best to you lee2122!

http://mindfulwaythroughanxiety.com/