View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 06:09 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala
1. What is Death to you?

Physically, the cessation of a life process. Psychically, a transition-- based on the physical, because even being eaten by worms in a grave is a transfer of energy.

It's finding power in stepping down into a lower position, it's the... satisfaction, for lack of better term, in admitting that, "I was wrong."

Quote:
2. Are we just fleshy blimps in some meaningless stew of cosmic oblivion?

Yes, because the attribution of meaning is, itself, a concern of a small (though not irrelevant) perspective. And we are fleshy blimps on that level and lower. Once we transcend the fleshy blimpiness, we may very well transcend "meaning" as understood on that level of perspective.

Quote:
3. Why do some people put death on such a pedestal? Some fear it, and some are mesmerized it, like those who go on Gore Sites and watch snuff films for shock value.

It could be the "morbidity" of death becomes taboo, therefore it becomes a fetish, appeals to rebellion for its own sake.

It could also be: the resistance to holding death as equal value to life, to maintain life as more important than death... well, it can be an obstacle to humility, grief, adjustment to loss. A resistance to a part of nature. If you always appreciate death, then the appreciation of life will follow (unless, of course, other people's understanding of "death appreciation" is wildly different from mine.) However, it is possible to appreciate life at the exclusion of the appreciation of death. That's why death is more suited to the pedestal, than life. Life can get quite arrogant on its pedestal, while death just is.

Quote:
4. What is the ultimate meaning of having a body? Why is it so important, if all each of us are made of the same thing, blood and bones, and if we all die the same anyways?

We have a body, in order to manifest our acts and will in a physical plane. It is important because we are made of the same thing, not in spite of it. It is important because we die, not in spite of it.

Quote:
5. How have you learned to see everyone for who they are on the inside, instead of just their bodies? And do you love and respect your own vessel?

I haven't. If the physical realm is a translation of our spirit, then we must miss a lot in translation. Still, it's what we have-- of others, it is all I have. So, I do love and respect this vessel.

Quote:
6. Is there a spiritual meaning or reasoning behind the action of murder? What are your views on it, and have you ever thought of taking someones life or just how easy it would be to? Thoughts...

I'm sure there are many spiritual meanings and reasonings behind murder.

It could come about from lack of empathy or sensitivity: it can be difficult to see from the outside that somebody else's life is equally important as yours. Some people can shut down feeling the pain and cold of another. Others find an inflated sense of empowerment, in having "stuck it" to the social and cultural taboo.

Being of a wrathful disposition myself, I certainly have thought of taking someone's life. I still advocate the death penalty for those who are proudly a danger to society and innocent people (though I am aware of systemic flaws, where actual dangers to society can slip past, and innocent people who are victims of prejudice can get put on death row.) Some things can't be undone, but I believe some of those things must still be done.

Quote:
7. Why is the human body so resilient and built for survival yet other times death happens so easily?

Probably because of your question two. We are meat, cooking in a turbulent stew. Some come out delicious, others come out burned.

Whoops! I'm out of time, I'll answer the other four later.