View Single Post
Old 14-06-2011, 03:59 AM
Experiencer
OK, looks like we need to look at the bigger picture Here.
Xanth:
"How exactly did you come to these "dangers"?

I ask because I can guarantee that you and I explore the non-physical with vastly different Intent.

I can say, unequivocally, that none of your "dangers" apply to me, nor do I think they apply to anyone else who doesn't already believe that they do. The only dangers are the ones you create for yourself and even then, you're never in any REAL (physical) danger."

Jeff: Danger of course is in the eye of the beholder: For one on the first turn of the wheel, where ego is still ruler the astral plane really does not have the "Dangers" it does for the one on the Return spin. In fact for those still collecting their ego's description (the culmination of the first turn)..... it can add a lot of ****, really fast....
I'm very interested in your experience Xanth on the astral plane..... you see for me the intention...of Everything, is Union. For those on the first turn...it could be called, Unique Expression. It seems you are still seeking this unique expression....if so, you don't have what I consider to be dangers. # 1. Our own construct, which shadows us there, and if we inadvertently look at it, we will draw back all the **** we have evolved beyond. (**** is a judgment term I admit, you might just consider that Stuff, to be treasures... And this is a necessary part of evolution. However those who are on the return turn ....their task is relinquishing all those "treasures". The astral plane could be called, as I said, the plane of the Roots of Desire. Now the first turn of the Wheel for all of us, that Satanic part of our journey...where we live to Collect and define ourselves within a duality of Desire....and Fear. This is a part none of us get to pass, and so often "spiritual" folks condemn the ego.....but here's the Truth of that. The Ego, and the soul are the same thing, only at different places on the Wheel. So, Xanth is correct for him, and all those still collecting the only harm done really is ...minor or major "psychological problems... To condemn the Satanic Ego is to condemn the first part of all of our Journeys...and the journey's of most our fellow man, like maybe our friend Xanth here.

But for those on the return path, where the Journey is no longer one of collecting the Definition of Who We Are as a human through our dualistic chasing of desire...and running from and hiding from what we fear. , but rather we are Facing all those dualistic judgments that had defined us, facing it with Love....and dumping it. And the construct has this ...what I call, shedded snake skin, which is all the recent Judgments/definitions based in these judgments that we have transcended....and by simply looking at it, we draw that "skin" back into our selves....and actually devolve..... not an easy task this de evolution, but this is the means, and a good one to avoid. Now it doesn't really matter to Xanth, his construct is still forming....
Also there, as I maybe did not go into, is the fact that there is nothing "spiritual" to be gained there...Because being the realm of the roots of Desire, it is still tied to the duality...that does not exist. If we define Spiritual" as maybe seeking freedom from Illusion and glamour, and dwelling in what IS, and not what we THINK is.... then collecting "treasures" to ourselves, and shunning what does not fit into our definition of "what we want and Like".... is pretty much how we'd define just that Lack of Freedom we are seeking. For us who are no longer collecting..... the astral plane serves only in one way..... as that which we must pass beyond, without being sidetracked by the Illusion and glamour that exist there....all around us.
You see, this is the difference between folks on the first turn of the wheel..... and those on the return turn of the wheel.
Both are correct.
The astral plane does have very extreme hazards to the soul returning home....although it also offers the potential for hyper evolution if the person can follow the rules, and not play there...but one pointedly focused on the Light on the other side.... But as I said this should not be undertaken without Guides, and when a person is ready, the guides will be there.

Now for the folks motivated by that stage of the soul we've called Ego, the astral plane is a freakin playground. They also have dangers, but that is a relative term, just like sanity. And as I said, It's like the way the "Law of Attraction" has been put out. Most of what I've seen is written by those still ruled by ego, it's all about gettin the stuff, collecting the definition..... And sadly they leave out parts of the Law that can really cost you time..... it's like that with Astral Projection.

There are two camps,
1.Those motivated by the desire for experience,
for the desire to collect things into their definition of themselves,
to become MORE.
For them the Astral Plane is just like another wild drug like trip.

2: The second camp does not collect, it returns what it has collected (allowing those collected things to become what they really are once again). And rather this camp does not seek to define itself, but rather remove the definition, and become less of a Creation until finally they become One with it ALL. (Upon returning to their Source).

So in summation I guess what I'm saying is.... For some it's not as dangerous as others... I have a bad habit of when I'm on these "spiritual" forums falling back to the old Mindset, that it's all about the Return Trip....So when I speak and write things here, it is speaking to those on the return trip. So to those going the other way, my words are useless, and to them not valid.

So I'd have to say, if you don't know for sure just where you sit on the Wheel of Life.... best not to go messin around on the astral plane.