View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 04:15 AM
harley's mum

JOHN LENNON... 30 YRS TODAY...

[where were you when you heard..?

we love John Lennon and I share this story with forum fellows:::

Thirty years ago today my (ex) indian husband and I were at the Oakland Stadium across the bay from San Francisco and we were there to see Stevie Wonder in concert and it was Stevie's first live show in years and years and well there were 99,998 black brothers and sisters, one indian and one white girl.. in the stadium...

So... half way through the show Stevie gets taken off the stage suddenly and silence silence waiting worrying...
then Stevie gets led back with helpers either side of him and quietly makes the shocking announcement "just had a call from New York and John Lennon has just been shot to death"

well you could hear the gasping breath of 100,000 brothers and sisters and if a pin dropped well ...

Stevie left the stage and we all sat in silence stunned and waited...
time passed and Stevie was led back by our much loved Carlos Santana and suddenly every musician who was in town that night appeared on stage with Stevie and they sang the "happy birthday martin luther song" but changed the words instantly to be for John Lennon... well still silence from the 100,000 and we all left the stadium in silence and caught the train home in silence...

WE LOVED HIM WE REMEMBER HIM

" GIVE PEACE A CHANCE '

[/b]