View Single Post
Old 22-11-2017, 01:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Quite frankly, I think that the Guru principle is for the total dummies.
From memory: Synchronistic events manifesting left, right and centre, whilst “I” remains clueless.
The main thing that bothers me about all this...

I am a 'free thinker'...I am an 'individual'....I'll go against the herd if I can cut through the superficial rubbish...I can see things most others cannot because I don't let my emotions or beliefs cloud my thinking AND I call a spade a spade, even if the whole world would disagree with me.

It goes against my very nature to be pressured into 'believing something' through popular example, through ad-hominem assumption, through the very appeals to my sense of self-worth or self-confidence..."you must be a total idiot if you don't agree with me"...that sort of stuff.

People will go to great and often very low lengths to have another believe them...and of course, If deep in my being, I know something is true, I will defend it with my very life but not voluntarily...I'm not the type to instigate argument and say 'my way is right and yours is wrong'...but if anybody tries to pressure me into changing and believing them instead, appealing to anything else other than pure logic or reason...giving many examples for why they say what they do...they may as well be talking to a chair who knows it is a chair, trying to convince it that it is a table because they are both wooden.

This is the problem...would I still be able to be a free thinker? will I still have my 'individuality?' will I still be able to 'go against the flow of ignorance' and speak out against social issues, or call 'bee ess' when I see it? or will I have to totally tow the 'Guru line'? not allowed to have any thoughts of my own? not allowed to express anything which may be contrary to the Guru's teachings? become just a brainless puppet to a philosophy and an agenda?...and THIS is what I am terrified of.