Thread: KARMA
View Single Post
Old 21-06-2019, 01:51 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
I like this explanation. Karma seems to have become a word like God, everybody seems to have their own take on it, whatever the original meaning was. Yoga was not originally intended to just be the exercises meditators did to stay limber between long spats of sitting, yet now we have hot yoga, goat yoga, and frozen yoga... or maybe that last one is yogurt.
Well because it doesn't really matter what was originally intended by whoever invented the word. Words adapt and change meaning. The question is, is your use relevant? Mine is because it's constructive. It aims to enable an attitude where **** gets done. Shrug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
This sounds a lot like the power of positive thinking. If you are more positive about your chances of success, you are more likely to keep trying despite your failures, and hence more likely to succeed. Others may attribute it to some sort of magical attraction that occurs, but I think the former explanation is probably a bit more likely to survive the cuts from Occam's razor.
I don't see the world as magic, I see it as logic and fact. I break it down by it's rules and follow those. Reality is reality, so the victor is whoever knows how to respect Reality as much as possible. Yes, positive thinking moves in a positive direction with your actions. Thought leads to action, especially through Repitition.