View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 06:47 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
I totally relate to the feelings that you've described Mike. I do feel like hell is right here and we're stuck in the middle of it when I think about how we treat all the animals! And it is a greater spiritual challenge because (at least for myself) I have to fight against actual rage sometimes. Seeing a video of a pig being boiled alive......hard not to get super angry. Especially when some 'brilliant' human decides to engage in the comments below that kind of image with the ever humorous, 'mmm bacon'.

But you know, James Aspey (brilliant, well known Australian animal activist) said one thing that makes it easier to cope. He said, 'focus on how many new vegans there are today, compared to last year or the year before'. Focus on that instead of the misery and suffering of the animals so that you can keep going and continue to be part of the change that is happening. So chin up Mike and remember all of us who are here side by side, heart to heart with you!

You're right Debrah and I do admire James and his style of activism, he's very wise and a great speaker, so he's a great vegan to emulate.

After quite a few years of living the lifestyle I've become pretty quiet as a vegan and I've also faced some health challenges which has taken my confidence away, even though those health issues I'm quite sure are nothing to do with being vegan.. so I'm really on the sidelines in terms of activism right now, because of health but also because I've just been overwhelmed by all the cruelty and the casual acceptance of it by non vegans.

I agree that I should try to focus on the positive more but it can be so hard to find some days.