View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 07:54 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Thank you, John.

I am fine, taking a break from seeing my psychologist until the New Year as she is taking a month off from mid Oct to mid Nov and she's not making any more appointments in the near future.

I sometimes will visit these forums without logging in, read some conversations here and there, notice they are not really up to my personal standards to bother getting involved in...and so I don't.

I have tried lowering my standards without much success - someone else needs to teach me how to engage in communication that is totally "beneath me" as I cannot self-learn such things, but whenever I seek to drop the ego in regards, what is left cannot be bothered talking at ALL....so, this is where I have both found and lost myself... maybe I have cleared this level, defeated the boss monster and ready to move onto the next stage...just like Mario.

Tell me about it…

I barely find it worth my while to participate in forums any more.

There are some great people on this one, but they rarely post. The ones that do, often have a mental age of about five. If I wanted to be a Kindergarten teacher, at least I'd make sure to get paid for it. My last post pointed out to a self-proclaimed Son of God that it was very unlikely that he was who he thought who he was and my post was immediately removed.

Others seem to be posting from inside the walls of mental institutions. There is hardly anyone here who is genuinely interested in spirituality. The conversations going on in most threads, particularly in the TF section are of the kind I had with my mates when I was in primary school. Most people here barely seem able to read and write in their own language, let alone others. I find the lack of maturity and intellectual rigour in the whole "spiritual" community in general, truly dispiriting (oh, the irony!). No wonder the mainstream is so scathing about the whole spiritual and alternative community.