Thread: Zen Anybody
View Single Post
Old 19-04-2020, 10:01 PM
Deactivated Account

A lot of Zen teachers say forget about sutras and teachings and just focus on now and your experience. That's what is awesome about Zen!

Even responding to what I wrote above can be basically being lost in ideas and opinions and beliefs, which are just another form of sutras and teachings. Ideas....thoughts....ideas...... ya not Zen!

Just observe, that's all.....if you come up with a comment, you are in ideas again. Really YOU did not come up with a comment, your brain did, your conditioning and mental habits.

Questioning one's own thoughts can be very freeing. I was asking myself earlier why I was thinking a particular thing and I questioned the ethics of it and could clearly see it was not ethical. Why would I think such an unethical thing? Well I didn't think it, it was presented to me by my brain. Brain bad!

If more humans questioned their very own ideas, maybe this world would be a far kinder and nicer place. Like the persons who invented nuclear bombs and power, wish they could have questioned their own ideas and concluded making such things is wrong. Or the people playing around with deadly virus's in labs. How bout destroying them instead of testing them and keeping them alive? Yea would have saved millions in this case imho.

Humans, while the most intelligent animal on this planet, can also be incredibly stupid and self destructive. Humans have invented and created so many things that are killing ourselves and our planet. Someday, maybe the human race will go a little deeper and think of love and others, and not just money and violence, when they decide what to create with their precious time.