Thread: Deer Season!!!!
View Single Post
Old 19-12-2018, 10:30 PM
Master
Quoting Australian David Tacey:
Quote:
Western religion can look upon Aboriginal religion as if witnessing the lost dimensions of its own religious heritage.

It is true that when Old Europe meets the New World it actually discovers its own buried, lost or repressed unconscious life in the new-old landscape.
This definitely happened to me as well. Integrating into an Aboriginal group and learning the ways showed me parallels and brought back memories of my North East European (hunting) culture – making those echoes of the past alive again within this old – (my new) landscape.

Lucky 1, you wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
About 6 years ago I spent about 6 weeks in Ethiopia's Great Rift Valley living with the Tsemay peoples......

I say lived with because it was more than just sight seeing or a hunting trip....I lived with them....shared chores in the village with them and yes.... hunted with them and shared many nights around the sacred campfire.

They are some of the finest hunters and trackers on the planet....and the single most spiritual group of human beings I've ever met.

They are amazing to be with and there DNA literally goes back to the time when our species crawled from the primordial ooze 250,000 years ago in the Great Rift Valley of East central Africa.

The bow with me in my avatar is the one I took with me......it is a Bob Lee Ultimate Recurve and it has been around the world with me....from Africa to the Darien Gap of Panama when I stayed with an Embera tribe.

How did those experiences affect you - your world view?