View Single Post
Old 13-07-2014, 01:10 PM
OftheSun

Lately I've been part of several discussions that have opened my eyes about my beliefs.

I am a polytheist. I believe there are many gods, godesses, spirits etc. And that different people have different callings and relationships with them.

Personally I am a Pantheist, Universe is the ultimate reality (for me anyway) but I truly believe people are on different paths, it's not a case of all roads leading to the same mountain top, people are headed different places.

I have tried to connect with various deities and spirits over the decades and it isn't meant to be. Pantheist IS what I am, and have always been. I tried to connect with deities because I know many who have and it's been so fulfilling, but this is what is fulfilling to me, what matches entirely with no squinting of fudging, my experience of life.

I once met Anubis in a shamanic journey meditation. That was awesome, but we just met, it wasn't the start of anything beautiful, though I dearly hoped it was.

So, I'm a polytheist without a pantheon!

I don't in anyway feel the Sun is a deity or divine (well, not in supernatural terms) but I worship it. I just do, always have, that is my authentic response to it. I don't worship it because it wants or needs me to, I worship it because I cannot NOT worship it.

And worshiping it feels awesome and improves my experience of life.