View Single Post
Old 25-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Hi 7

I think they all have to do with being judged unacceptably, and often also misjudged and stereotyped due to one's appearance (if you're physically attractive then HELLO you're promiscuous, of course!) and situational appearances (if you're a single mum, same...CLEARLY a woman of low character!), and having to cling to some shred of pride and dignity regardless.

Yer absolutely that’s what happens lol - A man with a shaved head and tattoos can be regarded as a thug before he even opens his mouth - could he not be the most sensitive soul on the planet and speak words of peace and love?

LOL...yes v true! Shouldn't judge book by cover. Course I can choose not to shave head or get tattoos...(and in fact have neither, LOL!). But my features, build, colouring...the blueprint is what it is. And that's what ppl judge on. Same if I were Black...or physically challenged...w/e...in many societies. It's being judged on intrinsic physical traits beyond our choice. I chose to be a single mum, but in many cases, it is not by choice. And since we never know, and since there may be wonderful reasons for choosing any situation...seems ppl should withhold casting judgment on ppl's situations as well, but they don't.

I hold no anger or bile toward others, by no means...we witness the real truth of humanity to one person at a time, just by being who we are.
But I am continually surprised at the depth to which they take passing superficial and inaccurate assessments as moral truths abt persons. And they are continually surprised if & when they get to know any of us in depth...that we have integrity, that our brains and wits are still present & functioning (LOL!)...etc...which is in itself a statement on the collective & is a project I work on continuously.

The other thing is group souls...and "family" issues. Some of us seem to be slated to have to shoulder a lot of **** from other "family members". I feel like I am one of those ppl who has had to both take alot of **** but also will stand up for who I am and for others, and not everyone can accept it when I can hold my head up in the face of the onslaught. It's as if I'm supposed to take the abuse and stay down but I just bend like a reed in the winds. Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee (LOL, j/k abt bee!!! ).

I admire your courage and and your hunger for justice. Many don’t have the strength or the feeling of self worth to stand up for themselves. I didn’t until I did. That was my journey / lesson. I didn’t want the aggro my soul was crying out for peace but at times one needs to stand In the eye of the storm. I am Tarzan. I am beating my chest. he hehe.

nice threads..er...furs, T you'd look good no matter what...and btw this is not a superficial judgment on your character (LOL!) As I have only the deepest respect & admiration for you.. for so many reasons. The world was waiting for you to stand up...so I'm glad you did

and thank you ...actually I think you're the 1st to ever say that...but it's just from God, I think so I would come to really know self-worth...I think in serving & standing up for others I recognised self worth in our common human worth...and I think humility and service are undervalued traits in Western cultures.

When we see that what man has wrought (society, civilisation, etc) comes up a bit short in the basic humanitarianism dept, I understood it is is because we mistakenly assign differing material and social "value" to ppl...when in fact it is all the same value. And I have been struck by that most of my life, even as a very young child...so I think the courage and desire for justice bits must be part of my soul purpose...maybe because I lacked these during my last go-round and gave up too soon? Now I don't give up just pick self up and keep on...

The good part is...I think...I'm okay with this lifetime so far...if I died today, my list of regrets would be very short...that I didn't get to raise my son, and that I didn't meet and be with my soulmate in person.

That’s cool 7. How many people If they passed over today would feel that they had little / no regrets.
yes...but those 2 regrets would be HUGE....LOL!!!

When someone dislikes me for superficial reasons, or puts me down for similar, that's an indicator that there is something in them, or in our culture, that needs to be examined. It may be all directed at me in a personal manner, but only very rarely is it actually something personal relating to me.

Lol yes It’s all about them and they can’t see It. They only see It In others. funny that lol (The Irony)..

Yes...it's always like that, the pendulum only swings 1 way somehow...but being born in the West this go round...not E Europe...and in a time of (relative) peace...and alive during this era of change...it seems that this is the time to expand our understanding on many things. To be the change that we want to see in the world.

Now on my particular issue from last time...it seems maybe no change in some specific ways...but on the other hand, everything has changed. We are different now, deeper, and wiser (yes!). Everyone has grown...Can things be different? Yes, they can...because they already are. I always have hope & faith...and no matter what, I understand that Love is the Higher Law.

x daz x[/b]
Peace & blessings,
7L