Thread: Mommy
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 04:16 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected
It was August 18, 2012. I had a migraine (as I usually do), and my phone notified me of a voice mail. The phone had not been moved, so it had simply lost signal for whenever the call had come in. Reception was so bad I ended up calling to retrieve the message on a land-line. Upon returning the call, I found myself talking to an ICU nurse, then to a doctor, being told that my mom was in ICU on life support. They were requesting my permission to do more.

I gave that permission, even having promised my mother years before that I'd not let her be hooked up to machines, period. She was already on life support, and I gave them the okay to try dialysis before frantically calling my husband and sister as I was hurrying out the door to head to the hospital.

Through the day they let us in to visit her a few times. She progressively turned more green. Her eyes never closed, never stopped staring through the ceiling. Still, after I gave the order to have her removed from life support, there was a tear on her cheek. I really hope they'd put drops in her eyes. I'd felt more sure that the decision was right until then. We sat around her bed, and I squeezed her hand so hard I bruised it.

She'd been sick for years, and was a resident at the nursing home. This was still very unexpected. I'm so unsure of my decision (yes my sister was there, but it still fell on me). I have nightmares that she's mad at me, that she hates me. There's so much guilt over so much.

I miss her deeply. I thought that her being ill for so long was readying me for her passing, but it really didn't. I'm lost without her, and heartbroken that I haven't felt her presence or been visited by her. She was all I had for so long, and even though my life is more full now she's left a huge hole. She was an amazing woman who had far too hard a life, and I hope that she's not mad at me or disappointed in me. I don't think I'll ever shake the feeling that she's dead because of me :(

Dear lady, nobody goes Home unless it is their time to do so, so please do not feel guilty as there was nothing different that you could have done......Give her time to be healed from a lifetime of sickness and pain.... Once she has gone through a healing and her energy has been restored, she will have a lovely reunion with her soul family already there, be reorientated into the spirit world, and start her life review. You "will" hear from her either through a dream visit or special synchronocities that will "get" your attention....
She is "so" happy to be Home again---healed, pain free, young and beautiful and free as a bird..........