Thread: Suicide
View Single Post
Old 21-03-2011, 03:53 PM
numerouno

I was once an atheist, I would only believe in god if he appeared before me. Then I learnt the correct reasoning or reasoning better than before.

Science doesn't believe in coincidence yet it says that after the big bang all matter fell into the right place to create life. Then they say no it didn't happen immediately it took millions of years. Was it millions of years of stuff just floating around then all of sudden matter by a fluke without any guidance to take correct formation initiating life.

This reasoning led to me see that god is there. Secondly using my knowledge of reasoning from studying lord Buddha, I asked myself how can i reason for sure that I've had past lives.

Reason dictated that first keep in mind that now you there is a god who knws more than you and he is kind. Reason dictated lets ask why does this kind person allow a child to be abandoned for example, this is not kind.

Contemplating I applied the the knwledge of how karma works to this process. In this way I if karma is true. Even though a baby this soul was abandoned because like its mother it abandoned its own child in its past life. As a result two things came of this meditative process that we are not body but soul. Yes we heard this before but being told one thing and when one's comes to this conclusion by itself liberation takes over. secondly karma itself is a spiritual law operating in this material realm and already knws the good we will do and the bad also.

Simply put to know what you did in your past ascess the good and bad in your life. Accepting both brings peace.
Think about what you are thinking about.