View Single Post
Old 15-12-2017, 02:48 PM
Master

Lucky 1 Please stop being so positive about things, you are spoiling the day for some people. My aunty May for instance, she's been convinced a couple of times that the world is coming to an end and even went up onto a mountain with lots of others to partake in the glory of being right. So spouting positive stuff will only get her worked up.
Any Armageddon will come too late for me if things go on like this (not getting on with it I mean). I'm old so it'll maybe help me to get to those pearly gates quicker than would be normal. (Assuming that I'll get as far).
The point is that I've had a very good life and although I'm on my own now I still love to get out of bed in the mornings. This morning (I'm sorry to say) the sky was a lovely blue and the whole land was covered in fresh snow. It looked lovely and once again I realised how lucky I am and how lucky I have been. Aunty May wouldn't have been pleased.
Had there been an earthquake and a couple of plane crashes or maybe even a mass shooting somewhere then aunty May's day would have started off better than mine.
There are a couple of things that seriuosly trouble me though, especially now it's edging towards Christmas and the season of goodwill and so on. That's the pictures and reports everywhere of destruction and death, of famine and despair of people unloved and unwanted through no fault of their own. Victims of guns and bombs made to a great extent in (dare I say it) professed Christian countries by people who for a few days will be putting down their armament-making tools to raise a joyous glass to the meaning of the season. The coming plan in all those countries is of course to make bigger and better bombs in 2018, and nowhere, not in Canterbury, Rome, New York or anywhere else does anyone stand up and say STOP.

Let's bring peace and prosperity and freedom to the afflicted nations of the Earth by BOMBING them. That'll do the trick. They'll all think it's Armageddon, brought on by themselves by not following the GOOD NEWS.