View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 09:15 AM
Lorelyen

Hello LizLioness.

You haven't said what you've concluded. I'm not one to believe in this external universe throwing anything at anyone. If our lives are predetermined then the universe will grind on regardless and what happens will happen. If not, then it's up to us to steer our way. As a gnostic I believe we make our universe what it is to us.

I'd say just keep calm and the way to do this is relax and contemplate the situation as an observer. Replay events through a third-person eye. It'll take time and isn't as easy as it sounds... it IS easy to fall back into your first person involvement.

You say nothing of your spiritual background but for relaxing, practice deep breathing - either the pilates or yoga sort until you can calm yourself, just concentrating on the inhalations (through nose) and exhalations (through mouth)....and when some thought creeps into your mind (they do sneak in, like it or not) blow it out as smoke and see it dissipating before you.

Another activity is write - what's happened and what you think of it. Make it into "the story" if need be.

If he ditched you then the common sense thing is afford him nothing and move on. You seem to be watching him more than he is you. At the very least don't appear to him as helpless or hapless. It'll do your spirits more harm than his. If you encounter him just be polite but distant unless you see yourself going through the same things again.

Coincidence? Synchronicity? Could be either. Signs can be extremely difficult to interpret at times, problem being potential delusion.