View Single Post
Old 31-10-2019, 01:36 AM
Master
Greetings.

Occasionally, I enjoy delving into Consciousness Studies and Neurotheology, it just seems that a lot of scientists are still hung up on the notion of Consciousness as being emergent from matter and not matter as being emergent from Consciousness for me to be really interested.

The latter would bring them too close to an idealistic version of a "creator God" for scientists to invest much time and funding into it.

Also take into account the "hard problem of Consciousness", why do people have different experiences given the same set of qualia? Past experiences and conditions must have shaped the way individual consciousness reacts to a certain stimuli...but what of collective Consciousness or a Universal Consciousness?

Bem's Global Consciousness Project hasn't been given a lot of support from the scientific sector and not much has been heard from it since 2011...in fact, most of what I see on YouTube regarding Consciousness Studies is from 2009 -2012...it is like nobody has discovered anything "new" in the realm of Quantum Physics in the past 6 - 8 years..and it seems like the Noetic Sciences (which is seen as a Pseudoscience by many other scientists) was like a passing fad that just fizzled out.

I don't really involve myself in Consciousness studies much anymore...haven't for the past 6 months or so, ever since I made the executive decision that Cosmic Consciousness is something I would rather experience than just read about....Brahman was something I would rather experience than go "well, that's what the Vedas all say anyway...We ARE that!".

Last night I watched a pretty decent video on YouTube...it came up as a "recommendation" for me and I had nothing better to do at the time:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HD4WthE414k

Other than that, it seems like science only studies what makes people "conscious" as opposed to "consciousness" our states of awareness in this physical world have nothing to do with Consciousness, only our ability to "tune in" or "receive" it. Even though radio waves are everywhere, a broken radio isn't going to receive them...maybe they will just pick up static...maybe one or two stations, but not the one that is being broadcast directly from Source since time immemorial.

This is why I don't involve myself much anymore...in the study of consciousness, in any discussions relating to it...even in discussions relating to spirituality in general, because I honestly don't see the point because if there IS a point, then my own limited perception of how to go about conveying that point always gets in the way leaving me with the question "why do I bother?"

Now, I meant for that question to the Universe to be rhetorical... apparently the Universe doesn't grok rhetoric; "to show you the difference between action and speech" which is as good as it gets from Source.