View Single Post
Old 15-06-2018, 08:57 PM
Experiencer

Life Lessons: I come from a very abusive family I walked on egg shells too and I can so easily relate. I escaped when I turned 19 and yes I call it escape. My mother was very co dependant, My father went through life having trouble accepting I was jn fact his biological daughter, my sister is a drug addict and she is 9 yrs older than me. Her boyfriends molested me, my moms boyfriends abused me and my step dad tried to kill me. The lesson I had to learn was forgiveness not just forgiving them, but also myself. I subjected myself to them for a few years after I moved out, but eventually I realized I could no longer do that. I had to love me and work on making me happy. It was a hard lesson to learn and it took me years to learn it. To give you an idea I was 12 when I started working on it and I finally achieved it two weeks before my 37th birthday. Forgiveness of myself was the most difficult and took me years to accomplish. One day you will move out and you will be blessed with the choice of seeing them and being a family or walking away and creating your own family. Either way it has to be on your terms and what is healthiest for you and your growth. Until then you can still be you, but dont take what they say about your life path to heart. Everyone is on a different journey in some cases it will bring you closer to your family and other cases it may take you further away from them.

Namaste`