View Single Post
Old 25-11-2017, 09:03 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanemon
It's worth considering your notion that "Nobody's religion FORCES anyone to take the step beyond." There may be a certain general truth to that... but only general. Definitely, countless examples of parents forcing something or other (considered "religious commitment") on their children have occurred through the ages, though I suppose we could deem this to be some sort of outward conformity, rather than the step beyond. Again, zealots have believed they were effectively compelling a commitment from individuals. Example being the Spanish Inquisition, and many wars and persecutions over doctrine.

Tommylama, are you suggesting that only the mystics & gnostics in the various traditions have taken the step beyond? (BTW, maybe I'd agree with that idea.)

I'm suggesting that we are on a path which leads to perfection. There are Those Who have mastered this path and They influence us from higher dimensions. Most of us are still stuck on the Wheel of Rebirth and will continue with our less than masterful existences until we crucify the animal within which separates us from our human brothers and sisters. We will all take the step beyond, but until we do we will experience suffering. Death does nothing but redeposit the consciousness into a very similar set of circumstances from where it left off.