View Single Post
Old 24-12-2018, 06:16 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcyone
What you do is--
Lie on your stomach with your toes on the ground and your chin rested on the ground, arms extended forwards.
Take a good breathe and out stretch your arms up and forward.
Stretch your legs up and stretch them backwards as far as they can go. Legs will be off the ground but not too high.
Keep focusing on your breathing. If you feel like you want to lift higher instead see if you can just stretch further and not up.
Hold for 60 seconds
Enjoy

I was reading this thread the other day and oddly enough someone sitting next to me was talking about back pain ha. I've been practising yoga postures for quite a few years and I wouldn't recommend that stretch you mention for back pain. Although it's a good stretch for your back and posture, i wouldn't recommend it if you are experiencing pain. I would avoid back bends altogether if you have back pain. If you suffer from back ache I've found lying on your back and stretching your arms out above your head and stretching your legs out to be very safe and effective. Also lying on the floor and bending your knees, holding your knees and rocking from side to side making sure that your lower back is touching the floor, this very good and safe. Avoid pulling the knees to the chest though. As others have said always I seek professional medical advice before you do anything if you have bad pain.