Thread: UFO photography
View Single Post
Old 24-07-2017, 06:31 PM
Experiencer
Finally went outside yesterday to try and do some night time ufo photos. Did my summoning and the showed my location with green laser. Unfortunately there were no appearances that I could point as unusual. Just when I settled down though, and before I even tried calling them, I noticed a bright an object passing above me, traveling a linear path with no visible blinking like in an airplane. it was quite bright to. I managed to take two photos of it before it traveled to far to see. I checked the skies above me at home at the hour the photo was taken for possible satellites, and it turns out I have unknowingly photographed the ISS. So at least there is that haha better luck next time. The picture is taken at 18mm 20sec f3,5 at iso1600 . The station appears as a line because it took 20 sec for proper exposure. Just to clear any misunderstandings about what you are seeing =)

edit: well funny enough, when I went back in Stellarium to check up the skies I observed yesterday what was yesterday shown as ISS, is now named as artificial satellite PROGRESS-MS 06.

edit2: After a few clicks on the object it shows again as ISS, so I guess it was both. There appears to be a satellite called Progress-m6 0S accompanying the ISS. Interesting. Let me dig up something on this if I can. The thing was really bright.

edit3: Got it. Here is the link. Progress-ms 06 is a satellite used to resupply the ISS. How cool is that! What was shining so bright though was the ISS, because normal satellites don't appears so bright at all, except for an occasional satellite flare that occurs when the sun reflects of solar panels at the right angle and time, which I suppose can be interesting to observe. To an observer it would appear as if a light object crossing the sky suddenly started increasing in brightness and then when it reaches maximum it slowly fades away. I guess many could mistaken this for an UFO.