View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 07:08 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Just imagine how the world would change if God would speak quite clearly to all of the 8 billion Earth inhabitants at the same time and say something like this: On the 2nd of May this year the sun will appear in the sky as always but it will be green. It will stay green for one complete turn of the planet so that everyone can see it and so know, following my words to you all, that I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
All of these answers, suggestions, rebuttals, advice and all the rest don't really answer my question and are also full of assumptions.

But "He" did speak - very loud and very clear - about 4,000 years ago. Remember according to the Psalms (I forget which one) "man's" time on earth is but a hand-breadth compared to God's rather larger timescale. So, to "him", "he" spoke to us.

And people took not a blind bit of notice. "He's" probably given up. But he does occasionally raise "his" voice and we still take no notice, putting stuff down to natural disasters and ecological failings. (Assuming you believe in a personified "God")

I think "he" told David that the meek will inherit the earth: probably right: the aggressive will fight and kill themselves off leaving a few meek behind - but whether what's left is worth inheriting remains to be seen.

We spend too much time trying to defeat god's work in wrecking the natural order. You could argue that "he" shouldn't have given humans excessive but limited brain power and limited perceptive powers if "he" didn't want us to work within their capacity to defy Nature.

But there it is. He did speak. His words are the basis of the world's most best selling book.