View Single Post
Old 18-05-2015, 06:13 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Obviously if there turns out to be no afterlife, then this is the natural state of affairs. I find the idea terrifying, atheists generally seem unperturbed by it, It's just impossible to imagine isn't it??

You couldn't even be aware of blackness as there is no you to perceive it, How can a conscious being experience non existence?? Its mindblowing. It would be as if you never existed, past, present & future all erased. It makes me dizzy thinking about it! It bothers me more actually that might have happened to my mum & dad but it's still so abstract, to not perceive even not perceiving.

Thoughts on this??

I so completely understand what you're saying. As someone else said I expect everyone has thought about it at some point or other. I have had dreams of being inside my coffin unable to communicate with those around me because I'm dead. Then I wake up and think, how can being dead be experienced? It can't, because there's no experiencer to experience it. I can't even begin to imagine non existence. It's just...weird.

It is a relief in a way that others have the same feelings about this!