View Single Post
Old 29-11-2018, 02:19 PM
Seeker
Yes, Ines does put you into theta (ideally to Esdaile), the idea being to move the conscious mind aside more than it would be in alpha, so she can talk to the subconscious with less interference. Then it’s a Q&A session about what the problems are and asking for them to be addressed.

As regards self-hypnosis, I’m a neophyte at doing it without spoken tapes, and really would like to do what you do and not need to have it mediated. I don’t know you at all, but I don’t believe it’s an accident that you replied to this. There’s something you know, that I want to know. And I think what the thing is that you know, that I have problems with, is how to listen, for answers. I can ask, but I don't know how to listen or hear.

About 23 years ago, I used to meditate with a Tibetan Buddhist group where the idea was that you do not attach to any thoughts that come up. You see and acknowledge them them and let them go and go back to your focus. I found that hard to master; admittedly I didn’t keep at it long enough. But I have no trouble with going into hypnotic trance; it comes very naturally.

Now I’m wondering, if you say answers pop into your mind, then maybe they are thoughts/feelings you should actually be listening to and not letting go as mere “monkey mind” distractions?