View Single Post
Old 27-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Tanith

First I would like to add that Scott Cunningham is a good place to start, in my opinion. I discovered him late into my learnings but still found him a valuable resource.

Mostly, however, focus on what YOU believe and wish to practice, that is the best teacher.

Also, a question to add might be, "Do you consider yourself a witch, Wiccan, or both." Some people think one thing but the general idea that floats around SEEMS to be 'Not all Wiccans are witches and not all witches are wiccan." I consider myself mostly a witch but I do follow the wiccan path of neopaganism :)

Secondly,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arawn
- How long have you been practicing?

- What made you decide to get into Wicca or were your parents Wiccan?

- How do you feel in regards to deities? Is there just the one (male/female), multiple deities, all deities are aspects of one deities, all deities are aspects of the self, etc.? Why do you think that?

- Are you a solitary practitioner or do you practice in a coven? Why?

- Do you practice a specific type of Wicca (traditional or non-traditional)? Why?

- How have you learned to practice Wicca?

Feel free to add any information!

Officially I have been practicing four or five years, but discovered recently that I've always been practicing, even since I was a child, even if I didn't know it then.

My mother is/was wiccan and has always been a witch. I grew up around it and she taught me a lot.

My thoughts concerning the deities are complex: I recognize, officially, two separate entities who are equal in power and importance, both coming from the same Source, one masculine, one feminine (specifically the Lord and Lady). However, I see all gods and goddesses as aspects of these, because of my general belief that no religion is wrong. Therefore I honor different gods and goddesses with the knowledge that they are all the same. At the very least, someone somewhere prays to or reveres them as their god and/or goddess, so they at least are deserving of that respect from me.

I am solitary, but I am solitary with a small group of people as I often joke. My mother is/was solitary, and sort of passed it on to me. I met other solitaries, and we sometimes do stuff together, but largely practice on our own.

I learned by doing and listening and watching. A lot of the knowledge I have I feel like I have always had, without ever really learning it from anywhere. Knowledge comes from within and without- from all sources. The things I have always inherently believed make up my beliefs now, though I have incorporated things I've learned into them as well.