View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 12:21 AM
Deactivated Account
Did my first sitting meditation yesterday.

While I was in the car with my husband, he was holding my hand which was actually quite a useful link for me to remain present. Lol... That's a romance story hey... Just kidding!
were waiting for my daughters show to start and I had 20minutes to spare for meditation.

There was a lot of outside noise though, music, passing cars, people talking on The street, dogs barking. I decided to use it as an opportunity to explore the sensations I feel around noise. Turns out that I find some noises painful. The sound of cars with certain engine types actually feel painful to me in my solar plexus and my heart. I am quite sensitive to car engine noises haha... And I notice the slightest change in how my own car or other people's cars are operating because of this.

I could feel the energy of the cars pass through my body! So I simply observed these sensations and let them pass through my body. After about ten minutes of meditation, I noticed that I could still feel the physical sensation and the vibrational wave of the passing cars but I allowed them in, almost like experiencing a labour contraction!

I sensed when a car was coming and I just allow the wave of energy to pass through. I noticed that I feel the energy of things and places more so then energy of individual people, I feel collective energy. I do occasionally feel individual energy but I'm more naturally sensitive to collective energy and the energy of places and sometimes things.

I'd like to do some more of this kind of meditate as an experiment. I'm interested to see if it might help me to be more tolerant of noisy environments.