View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 10:56 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedmil
Even if you believe that everyone has complete free will during their lives, we are still a product of our genetics and upbringing. Those two factors combined can not only can set a path in life but may also set major events in life. In the latter case, changing one's perspective may have no effect at all.

It is impossible to change ones perspective. That is something only they can do. One can direct to their own change and even then it's them following the direction. Genetics only influence they do not have more control over our will.
And I was raised in the ghetto and hang out with hoodlims and I am not one. I also have a mother who is not present emotionally creating loads of issues in myself. I didn't grow up to have a criminal mindset. I'm not one to shy away from showing affection or not am I void of emotion.

Again both are influences. and still are under our own personal will. That is only once we realize we have control.

If you view something to be set in stone and to be out of your control then it will be so.