View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 06:14 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnia
I believe this to be very true...

This is an off-topic comment but this reminds me of stories I've heard of people falling into a coma...I remember listening to the radio on my home from work one morning, and this lady said she was in a coma for several months, but to her no time had passed at all...She said one minute she "blacked out" into complete unconsciousness and the next moment she woke up....No time passed for her but several months had passed in the physical world...

Indeed. But the key difference is that in being deeply asleep, being under general anesthesia, or being in a coma, you are still alive and your mind is still functioning, just to a greatly lessened degree. So that in such states we are still experiencing, but such experience is not stored in memory, so that these states are akin to death, but to a lesser degree. There are coma patients who claim that they were aware of every moment of their coma, and that they were aware of everything that was going on around them. In these cases, I believe that their coma was simply not as 'deep' if you will.