View Single Post
Old 16-10-2018, 07:22 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
That is interesting as Pagandell said, and I too never thought to ask the JWs who came to my house, what is up with that. I always invited them in and we had several long talks. I'm as anti-religion as it gets, but I love sharing spiritual ideas with people, regardless of their philosophical beliefs. But that JW blood transfusion thing... boy, that almost got me saying to them, "Yeah, well, that's just too weird a belief, and now you have to go, goodbye!"

The answer obviously is that the religion says it's okay to eat meat, and not okay to have a transfusion. That's the way it rolls with beliefs. I'm pretty pessimistic when it comes to getting answers to analytical and logical questions, from people who hold beliefs not based in anything analytical and logical. Two completely different and incompatible modes of consciousness, really and truly.

Hi Baile..Its hard to know what to think as I dont see things the same as the majority I feel. I too am pessimistic but yet I am open minded at the same time.
I am too free a spirit to be tired to such doctrines and rules (especially ones I find too much contradiction in) yet I once looked to the lord in days gone by.....I tried many churches , befriended and studied lots of religions. This is when I met my Jehova's Witness friends ...lovely people..but I (like you) could not hold with their beliefs. The blood transfusion thing is a classic example and my enquiring mind would like to understand it,...if blood is not to be ingested then surely blood is blood no matter its origin. Why is the blood of an animal any different from human? Its made of the same substance
I will be happy to be corrected on this.

I ask too many questions to be part of these places...they forbid the reading of other religious literature..why is this. The wonderful knowledge they miss learning... I love reading religious beliefs and sharing spiritual ideas. I respect people but I will question....I too have had Jehova's Witnesses in for a chat..I am genuinely interested what they have to say.

I am more with the earth and nature...always have been... even during my time with Christianity I never fit in really..and soon realised it..i am a truth seeker.... as a baby I spat out meat my mother tried to feed me ...my spirit rejecting it.

I feel nature