View Single Post
Old 16-06-2018, 06:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dagmar_
Too bad suicide has such a negative connotation.

The first response when someone says to commit suicide is often: Don't, you can get over it ! Like or there is some kind of mental illness going on or there is a good reason not to. Like life can be so beautiful, suggesting the person in question should "fight" because it can be and at this moment is just a bit lost and death is less beautiful per definition.

"fight", the idea that one needs to fight, in this case thoughts that would lead to suicide. Thoughts that are considered negative, because suicide is a negative thing that should be prevented at all times because life is beautiful. Not seeing this is then considered weak. Suicide considered giving up.

Some want to die in dignity. Some cannot take the pressure society puts on them.
There are many factors that affect the suicidal person.

Suicide is the end of great suffering.

If you read back on this thread we have discussed the negative connotations suicide has been slapped with. I think that is changing.

For me, I am sticking it out to the end. I want to learn everything I came here to learn and then shake the dust off my feet and go Home.