View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 03:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn1976
Well, I've read the bible in context. For 9 straight years I studied it, read the Hebrew texts, studied Hebrew words, studied Greek, studied translations, etc. As a former Christian, I can say that the God of the Old Testament is not the prime creator of the universe.

There is no justification for the violent and merciless slayings of innocent people, ordered at the hands of an "all loving God."

Women were treated as property. The life of an infant girl was worth less than an infant boy. A woman was stoned to death if she was not a virgin on her wedding night. Oh, but if she was raped, then no worries - because she was usually forced to marry her rapist, so he wouldn't expect her to be a virgin.

But men were allowed to have sex outside of marriage (and before marriage) - the only exception was that the woman had to be single and not 'belong' to another man.

Women could be bought and sold into sex slavery. Although it's not called 'sex slave' in the bible. It's called 'female servant,' and the master was allowed to have children with his female servant - hence a sex slave.

In one battle, men were allowed to take the virgin women of their enemies as their own wives, but the pregnant women, and their children, and married women of their enemies, were to be killed.

The true creator of the universe, or "prime creator" as I like to call it, is one of love. There is no demonstration of love based on the characteristics of the God of the OT.

It's probably more like the Sumerians described in their texts: several creator Gods existed and ruled over mankind. Enki, Enlil, and their siblings, all worshipped as the God of the universe - but they were not.
Yes i agree, and it puzzles me why anyone would want to follow this horrible book, but as i have you will be called Troll for sharing what you have shared.