View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 01:48 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I think
... the most striking thing was this Being was wearing a hat which came partly down over its forehead. The hat was covered with many many eyes, and the eyes were all 'alive'...some blinked sometimes. Some when they closed briefly, had eyelids lit up with shimmering colours. The 'hat' was alive with all these eyes.

That's really fascinating, Tobi. And thanks for sharing!
Of all the many many paintings of fairies there are,
my fave has to be the one painted by the artist Sophie Anderson, in 1869.

"Take the Fair Face of Woman"

My take on this picture is with the crown shakra. Whether or not Sophie Anderson intended her painting to represent Sahasrara, the direct link to the Divine source of creation, it nevertheless inspires me whenever I see the pretty thing.

Although I must say, my efforts to commune with the fairy lands haven't been too successful. I will imagine when I can that the crown of butterflies is like a seeing device. When placed on or just above the head the world of fairy becomes visible. You know this to be true because of the delicate tingle the butterfly wings create through the scalp. It's then like being transported to some other place ... and that's usually as far as it goes.

It never occurred to me that the spots on the butterfly wings might be eyes. Eyes that can see me!

Cheers