View Single Post
Old 18-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Experiencer

One major thing they teach you is about self imposed limitations and how to override them. They teach you that theoretically knowing something is very different to intuitively knowing it. Its the difference between being able to do something and not being able in an LD. When I first starting lucid dreaming, I knew it was a dream so I should be able to do anything so I tried to fly but I couldn't. One day, in a non lucid dream in which I happened to be flying, I became lucid in mid air and from that day on, I intuitively knew I could fly in dreams. So next LD I had I started trying to fly and although I couldn't get off the ground initially, eventually it started working and I learned to fly. It was like learning any skill, took lots of practice before I got good at it. Now its second nature to me. That observation reveals a lot about the mind and what we call reality. This is why its not so simple to just use the placebo effect whenever we want. We need to find a method of overriding the doubt, in order to gain an intuitive knowing that we are capable of controlling our physiology at will.