View Single Post
Old 16-01-2019, 01:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
A very large study done recently shows conclusively that people who drink beer or wine in moderation a glass or two .....two or three times per week statistically tend to live longer than those who dont.

The scientists who did this study ........and it was long and exhaustive one......were also honest enough to admit that they don't know why.

That means they saw a correlation, but couldn't establish any cause.

Quote:
They also point out that drinking past a certain amount and the life expectancy starts going down.....

The cause for that is well known.

Quote:
If I can find a link to this study I'll post it.

I would think that the reason moderate drinkers tend to live longer is they don't tend to be restrictive with what they consume and eat/drink lots of different stuff and thus get proper nutrition. The fact they are moderate with alcohol suggests they would be moderate overall. I think moderate consumers of food might tend to be more active than under eaters and over eatersas well. I just theorise that consuming a lot of different things, all in moderation, leads to a longer life - and alcohol, although correlated, isn't the cause of their longevity.