View Single Post
Old 20-07-2017, 01:43 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Nope, it's more like John 1:23.

Jnana means knowledge. A lot of people on here have knowledge of Brahman, you'll find them all in the Non-Duality forum saying that personal pronouns shouldn't be a part of the English Language.

Chitti or Pundita means wisdom - you'll find them making threads in the Hindu forum that nobody can ever possibly reply to because they have not attained the stage beyond Jnana yet.

There's a reason why I kill threads, I found out. It's because knowledge cannot go there to respond to whatever I say.

It's amazing how much faith man places in his own mental capacity...he even believes he can realise God merely by thinking about it a lot.

Amen

Knowledge is fine, but it is not wisdom, nor is it necessarily truth.

In my youth I was far richer in knowledge (at least I thought it was knowledge) but relatively poorer in wisdom. The very idea that human intellect had an upper bound somehow bothered me, and I regretted that I would not live long enough to learn everything there was to know.

Fortunately, life came along and slapped me around enough to teach my thinker some humility. I unlearned many things I thought were knowledge and gained a bit of wisdom from the suffering along the way, much of which I brought about myself. As I get older, I find though I know more and more facts, they start to conflict and contradict, so thankfully, I do not accumulate as much knowledge to weigh me down as I once did, and wisdom can get in without quite as much suffering.