View Single Post
Old 24-09-2018, 08:38 AM
Master
I understand, I try my best to not let it bother me but then it does and I get annoyed he's saying this things about me and that Im in a relationship with someone that says those things about me. Maybe I have an idealised view of what a relationship is because I don't believe people should treat others like that so it hurts and I take it personally. I explained how it made me feel yesterday and he said sorry and that being together for as long as we have, we are bound to have arguments. I just feel personal insults and nasty digs are out of order, but you are right that if I don't let it hijack how I feel about myself, then no-one can have that power over me. This is a really hard lesson to learn fully, I've been getting better at it and felt O.K. for a while, but in the end it just bothered me and I feel rubbish inside myself. I guess this relates to the being perfect belief because if I accepted others wont always be perfect, and neither can I be, then I wouldn't have turnt on myself or him. Also I feel it relates to wanting acceptance from others, but I need to accept myself and know that its God's acceptance that counts which again would stop me from feeling small. At the time I feel that I am angry about the things he says, but I guess from what you have said, really I take on and believe the things he says about me then I am angry and hurting myself instead of being my friend on the inside. Thanks Michelle!