View Single Post
Old 14-09-2018, 11:41 PM
Experiencer

When I was younger - maybe 10 years ago or so - I used to experience the same feeling. I couldn't really explain it then because I didn't understand empathy to its full degree. But I would say now, after learning about empathy, that there is an empathy that we can feel on the physical plane, like situations in the same/similar time and space, and there is empathy that we can feel on the spiritual plane, meaning this experience transcends time and space.

When I was more open to feeling spiritual plane's empathy, I wrote poems about these emotions and situations I didn't know was happening. I thought the emotions just got to be too much and I started imagining things. But then, I wrote one poem that I will never forget - it was about a young girl in another country - somewhere in the middle of Africa I believe. I knew this because I sensed it. And like you said, "it just comes," for a moment, then it goes. This poem changed some of my previous thoughts, and I do believe that I picked up on her energy without even knowing of her existence. I realize now that this was a spiritual experience for me. Perhaps I was a channel for the emotion to be expressed since she was in a place where she wasn't allowed to express it? Or perhaps my current emotions resonated with her at that moment? Or perhaps this girl didn't even exist at this time, and she lived or will live this situation which I wrote about. I may never know.

The moral of my post is to consider taking up an outlet to express these emotions (obviously mine was poetry). You experience them for a reason - you are given this gift for a reason. If it isn't your emotion (or even if it is), just roll with it and give it it's due expression.