View Single Post
Old 27-02-2018, 01:36 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEN34
Ha, I doubt anyone would introduce their partner any other way. ''This is a body I'm dating, her name is Casandra''. Be kinda weird, right? Using the word 'My' in this context is perfectly acceptable.

I agree that using the word 'My' in an controlling, possessive way is very unhealthy.

It's the context you use or act on the word 'My', IMO. In this case we're talking about a relationship, so there's some element of commitment to one another, if that's your bag, which in the OP's case I'm thinking it is. Majority of relationships include trust.

If a partner said to me ''It's fine, I can flirt with whoever I want, perhaps discuss meeting them up to rekindle what we once had - you don't own me.... '', as much as I don't own them I'd be loathed to say ''That's fine, darling. As you are, I don't own you, crack on''.

Haha yea.. i know its just when some people say it, its like... this is mine, look what i have.. if you try touch it i will kill you... lol, and they do that to every one they show, no worries... it doesn't really matter anyway. Was just something I typed quickly too.