View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 04:40 AM
Experiencer
Thanks everyone for your warm and comforting posts.

I had talked to a friend of mine a couple of weeks ago about this, and she relayed a story to me that had happened to her a number of years ago. She went on to say that she had been rushed to the hospital and ended up dying on the operating table. She had been 'dead' for a few minutes before doctors were able to revive her.

During that time, she had an experience of leaving her body and looking at it as if she just had shed off an old pair of heavy clothes. She proceded to watch the doctors before losing interest and then wandered throughout the hospital and floated up and above it. She next found herself in a field with her childhood dog greeting her just like he had always had done before. She used to take him on long walks and they would play in a grassy field, except the colors in this field were so much more vivid!

After playing and greeting with her dog for awhile, he then led her to a place where others were waiting for her. She remembers having a life review, but little of anything else at this point other than being given a choice to go back. When she made her choice, she found herself awake on the operating table with a team of doctors and nurses surrounding her. As they were all happy and relieved to have brought her back to life, all she could feel was saddness and longing to go back to that state of pure joy. The doctors had told her that she had been dead for a couple of minutes, but her experience on the 'other side' seemed to have been nearly an hour.

It gives me comfort to hear stories like this, believing that my beloved pet is ok and that I'll see her again someday.