View Single Post
Old 26-09-2017, 06:45 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHIYAH
I'm guessing we could have a conversation here, where I'm from most people I have given money to in the past will go to gambling places or the liquor store so I learned to just ask them if they're hungry and if they say no then they won't be getting money from me. I don't have much money and would like to see it given to those that really need it. I've even seen people begging for money while texting on their late model phone. I'm a cyclist so I tend to know which ones are the homeless. One time I saw a man scrounging for food in a city rubbish bin with tears in his eyes, when I handed him food to last a couple feeds the joy on his face was enough for me to know what is right. By the way giving to the poor is my way of giving tithes rather than giving it to a religious establishment. I'm sure many on here would agree.

As you said, you only give those who needs our real help (foods) that's a good point. And it's a rational response according to our ability.

As for religion it depends on the same principle, but because we need their services then it's not wrong to give some of the money.

But some of them fix for 10% or more of one's wage that's a different story. I disagree with such arrangement of giving money. That's blackmail. We give as we wish. So you can choose which church to do your church service or Sabbath.