View Single Post
Old 24-04-2018, 05:24 PM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Others are going to answer better than me. With awakening (as I understand it) Death from this material life takes on a different meaning. It may take a while to sink in. You are awakening to being a self with a soul that may not agree with the ways of the mundane world. Finding your real self will take time, maybe your lifetime.

You won't feel blissful and happy instantly on awakening, although you should be happy to have awoken, whatever signs there've been. You'll gradually rise above the systems of the mundane world; learn to navigate your way through in your terms, like: know it's there, learn how it influences you and you, it. Your intuition will sharpen - lots of things.

You're just setting out on your journey and it's possible that either you're bewildered by something you've discovered, perhaps by all the possibilities you face; or you're reflecting on circumstances that have brought a sense of hopelessness. Is there a chance you could share a little more of your story?

It truly needs you to muster strength now, to be patient; to look out for good things in every day, small and large, to give thanks for them, give thanks to the Creator (no matter who or what you believe they are) for putting you there to absorb the good. Because, death will raise itself as a question in good time. You'll have formulated beliefs about it. To the lesser spiritual person it's a fear and that's to do with survival - about relinquishing their treasured possessions! As a spiritual person you start to see it as a transformation, an inevitability. What you believe happens thereafter depends on how your beliefs develop.

Can I report my own views here? As a gnostic, my earthly death will mean returning to the world of Spirit from where I came. I've acclimatised to the idea that it could happen any time even if I think I'm a bit young; and believe I still have work to do here. If I'm afraid it's of one thing only; that it may be prolonged and painful. So part of my spiritual drive is to maintain this body in as best health I can. It's the vehicle my spirit drives around in on mundane Earth. However, when I very first set out - thanks to this forum it seems my awakening probably started when I was about 7, when I started rebelling in my heart against my parents, leading to nigh suicidal thoughts as I reached puberty. Thankfully, providence pulled me out (of my parental home) in time!

So..... I'd say there's no normal about awakening. It has affected us all differently. To some it comes with shocks - sounds like your situation, and needs time to let things settle down. Happiness and bliss need you to be at peace in yourself which may take time. It's easier for those who can withdraw from the world of work and daily hassles, but it is possible for those who have to engage with that material world to survive - just takes a little more effort.

Take heart and know you're at the start of a remarkable journey.

Basically I feel bored. very bored right now. hence wanting to die. I can't seem to do the things I used to be able to do so its causing me to feel a lot of boredom.