View Single Post
Old 14-07-2018, 12:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Well if it helps any, I am not sure how much it may, according to a site speaking of the twin flame phenomenon, it was first written about in the way of a soul splitting, by Plato I believe? Or at least that is what the particular website claimed.

As for Buddhism, I am not Buddhist- so very much do believe in a soul.

Personally however, I am inclined to feel we as souls are already whole, and individuals entirely. I do not feel the whole personal relationship aspect, has much to do with the spiritual level of souls splitting. This has never made sense to me, no matter from whence it came, apparently Plato.

Yes. I think it was Plato's 'Symposium'... that described the Zeus splitting living beings in two. This explains it pretty well (and adds a few things):http://theconversation.com/what-plat...soulmate-72715

Quote:
As for us maturing through aspects of personality and maturing enough to be able to have fulfilling personal relationships, I even as an individual whom adheres to a belief in a soul, would suggest Buddhism alone itself as a source to draw from- for maturing in a "personal relationship" sense, rather than the Twinflame theories.

I have learned much from Buddhism myself, and learn more about myself and behavior, and thoughts every day.