Thread: Krishna
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 09:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Nope, the 'true gurus' will not care about 'other gurus' or who reads their literature and who does not, because it will stand on its OWN merits, without having to insult, calling others 'fakes' or 'tricksters' to sell more of THEIR spirituality, or 'butter up' anybody, or 'pander to anybody's wishes/needs'. A TRUE guru will go "there it is, in pure form, practiced for centuries...either take it or leave it, I care not"...and that's how I tell! They are not about money, institutions, fame, society etc...they are about personal empowerment and enlightenment on an individual, personal basis and they do it out of love and not a sense of duty.

Not sure if Prabhupada did care in such a way, he was just answering questions.

Which interpretation does one point to? If someone does not know much about philosophy they go to a bona fide teacher, one who can explain the texts to them, a trusted teacher.

You seem to analyse and think in a simmilar way to myself, the difference being is that I have come to a conclusion that Prabhupada is the real deal, for this day and age at any rate, of course there have been others down the ages, can you point to a better present day one? Someone who has lived impeccably by the regulations, someone who has immersed more of their time in translation of the scripts? No other person has given such a sacrifice.