View Single Post
Old 28-11-2017, 10:12 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I believe that being positive is a good thing, but we need to keep it reasonable, realistic (I know it's difficult), and use an effective approach.

Miracles happen, but infrequently (that's why they're called miracles). Positivity works only on ourselves. It doesn't materialize anything from ether. It can change us to perform better, can diminish our shortcomings, but doesn't really change the environment (people, facts).

What is peddled as LOA, is generally a pipe dream, and it works only for the peddlers.

What works is self-hypnosis, that instills in our subconsciousness changes that are good for us, and that will help us do things that consciously we have difficulties with.

Affirmation of wishes may or may not work, depending of external factors *even a broken clock shows the exact time twice a day).

What works are posthypnotic commands received while under light trance. They work on our subconscious, that affects our conscious behaviour, and consequently what happens to us.

Surely, I expect some people to disagree with me.

It’s so weird you posted this because I was just about to post again on this about how I think some of my fear, worry, anxiety affects my thoughts is because of a lot of situations with my husband, things out of my control I suppose and how no matter how many gratitudes I fill in my journal, books or internet articles I read, affirmations I say, being the most positive...this situation brings me down. Part of me wonders though if it in and of itself is the universe trying to show me repeating patterns that don’t serve me and maybe take the hint from it. Sigh. Goes back to my trouble with letting go and I don’t quit, refuse to give up on people. Eek. Can sometimes talk myself in a circle. Lol.