View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 10:43 PM
Psychic and mediumship..the difference.

I see many people mix and matching, so to speak, psychic and mediumistic. They talk as if they're the same thing.
Psychic is one thing, one type of reading and a mediumistic reading is another completely different thing, I can't help feel it doesn't/shouldn't need to be said but here I am saying it.

Personally I don't like conducting a psychic reading as I find them boring and all I feel I'm doing is pointing out the wood from the trees to the sitter, or put another way, pointing out what's in plain view, but the sitter needs to be told because they can't see it themselves. Yes I can also tell them about their health, love life, home life, etc but of course they know this already, I may even pick up on bits of a secret they have, but again what's the point?
I don't do the future, to me there are too many paths to look down, to many possibilities & anyhow, all it takes is one detour & that future isn't going to happen anyhow so what's the point?
Why do you think it's worth receiving or conducting such a reading, apart from having the wood from the trees pointed out to them ?

A mediumistic reading.
This has intelligence to it, it's a connection to, depending on how you view it, a spirit, or as I see it, a consciousness that once was a person...anyhow....to continue.
I like, depending on who the connection is to, conducting these types of readings, they can be interesting, they make you work for the information you can get & bring a different, better, more fulfilling outcome. It's more enjoyable to me & the sitter.
It's a different type of energy used and received.

Above are two obvious differences, one is a connection to the energy of a living person and the other isn't.
Why do you think there's a confusion when people talk about psychic and mediumistic? Is it they simply don't know the difference or are there other reasons?

I do have more to add but at this point I'd appreciate your comments to get the ball rolling.